Makes a technical correction to definitions in 804 IAC 1.1-1-1
. Adds 804 IAC 1.1-3-1.1
concerning fees for examination, reexamination, application, issuance, renewal, reinstatement, replacement or duplicate certificates, reciprocity, proctoring, and fees for the registered architects and registered landscape architects investigative fund. Repeals 804 IAC 1.1-3-1
. Effective 30 days after filing with the Publisher.
Sec. 1. (a) The following definitions apply throughout this
(1) "Accredited degree program" means a program leading to a professional degree which is accredited by the NAAB or the LAAB or certified equivalent by NCARB or CLARB guidelines.
(2) "Act" means IC 25-4
creating a board to regulate the practice of architecture and the practice of landscape architecture in Indiana.
(3) "Applicant" means an individual whose application has been received by the board for registration as an architect or a landscape architect.
(4) "Approved department, school, or college of architecture or landscape architecture" means a department, school, or college with an architecture or landscape architecture professional degree program recognized by the board at the time of an applicant's graduation.
(5) "Architect" means a person registered under IC 25-4-1
and this article and thereby entitled to use the title architect and engage in the practice of architecture in Indiana.
(6) "A.R.E." means the architect registration examination prepared by NCARB.
(7) "Board" means the board of registration for architects and landscape architects.
(8) "CLARB" means the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards.
(9) "Council record–CLARB" means a detailed, authenticated record of an applicant's activities and accomplishments, factual data of education, training, practice, character, examination, and registration.
(10) "Council record–NCARB" means a detailed, authenticated record of an applicant's education, training, experience, examination, registration, and character. Council record prepared by NCARB.
(11) "Degree in a design discipline", as used in IC 25-4-1-8
, means a preprofessional bachelor degree such as would admit the applicant to an accredited professional master of architecture degree program of four (4) semesters or shorter.
(12) "EESA" means a program approved by NCARB known as Education Evaluation Services for Architects.
(13) "IDP" means Intern Development Program.
(14) "LAAB" means the Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board.
(15) "LARE" means the landscape architect registration examination prepared by CLARB.
(16) "Landscape architect" means a person registered under IC 25-4-2
and this article and thereby entitled to use the title landscape architect and engage in the practice of landscape architecture in Indiana.
(17) "NAAB" means the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
(18) "NCARB" means the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards.
(19) "Professional examination" means the former architects registration examination prepared by NCARB.
(20) "Qualifying test" means the examination formerly prepared by NCARB to qualify applicants without an accredited architectural degree for admission to the professional examination.
(21) "Registrant" means a registered architect or landscape architect, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, whose qualifications have been examined by the board and a certificate of registration granted.
(22) "Valid certificate-architect" means a certificate of registration held by an individual that is current and in good standing. A certificate shall have the effect of a license to practice architecture in Indiana, subject to IC 25-4-1
(23) "Valid certificate-landscape architect" means a certificate of registration held by an individual that is current and in good standing. A certificate shall have the effect of a license to practice landscape architecture in Indiana subject to IC 25-4-2
(24) "Week" means a thirty-five (35) hour work week. (No more than thirty-five (35) hours shall be counted toward requirements in any given calendar week.)
(25) "Year" means fifty (50) calendar weeks not including vacation.
(b) When the masculine pronoun is used, it shall include the feminine.