TITLE 312 NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION
LSA Document #12-50(F)
Adds 312 IAC 18-3-23
to designate, as pests or pathogens, certain invasive aquatic plants to prohibit the sale, distribution, and transport of these invasive aquatic plants. Effective 30 days after filing with the Publisher.
312 IAC 18-3-23 Prohibited invasive aquatic plants
Authority: IC 14-10-2-4
; IC 14-24-3
Sec. 23. (a) The following are prohibited invasive aquatic plants and are declared pests or pathogens regulated under this section:
(1) Azolla pinnata (mosquito fern).
(2) Butomus umbellatus (flowering rush).
(3) Caulerpa taxifolia (caulerpa or Mediterranean killer algae).
(4) Egeria densa (Brazilian elodea, Brazilian waterweed, Anacharis, or Egeria).
(5) Eichhornia azurea (anchored water hyacinth).
(6) Hydrilla verticillata (Hydrilla or water thyme).
(7) Hydrocharis morsus-ranae (European frogbit or common frogbit).
(8) Hygrophilia polysperma (miramar weed, Indian swampweed, or hygro).
(9) Ipomoea aquatica (Chinese waterspinach or swamp morning-glory).
(10) Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag iris or tall yellow iris).
(11) Lagarosiphon major (oxygen weed or African elodea).
(12) Limnophila sessiliflora (Asian marshweed or ambulia).
(13) Monochoria hastata (monochoria, arrowleaf, or false pickerelweed).
(14) Monochoria vaginalis (heartshape or false pickerelweed).
(15) Myriophyllum aquaticum (parrot feather or parrot feather watermilfoil).
(16) Myriophyllum spicatum (Eurasian watermilfoil).
(17) Najas minor (brittle naiad or brittle water nymph).
(18) Nymphoides peltata (yellow floating heart).
(19) Ottelia alismoides (duck lettuce).
(20) Potamogeton crispus (curlyleaf pondweed).
(21) Sagittaria sagittifolia (arrowhead).
(22) Salvinia auriculata (giant salvinia).
(23) Salvinia biloba (giant salvinia).
(24) Salvinia herzogii (giant salvinia).
(25) Salvinia molesta (giant salvinia).
(26) Sparganium erectum (exotic bur-reed).
(27) Trapa natans (water chestnut).
(28) Typha angustifolia (narrow-leaf cattail).
(b) This section applies to any part or life stage of the species identified in subsection (a).
(c) Except as provided in subsection (d), a person must not do the following with respect to any species identified in subsection (a):
(1) Sell, offer for sale, gift, barter, exchange, or distribute a species.
(2) Transport a species on or within any:
(C) motor vehicle;
(D) bait bucket;
(E) fishing gear;
(H) tackle box; or
(I) other means.
(d) Exempted from this section are the following:
(1) A person who possesses a species identified in subsection (a) under a permit issued by the state entomologist.
(2) A person engaged in a project approved by the state entomologist for the destruction of a species.
(e) The division may regulate an area infested by a species identified in subsection (a) to prevent its movement.
(f) A person who discovers a species identified in subsection (a) may do the following:
(Natural Resources Commission; 312 IAC 18-3-23; filed Aug 1, 2012, 10:57 a.m.: 20120829-IR-312120050FRA)
(1) Report the discovery to a department fisheries biologist or to the following address:
Department of Natural Resources
Division of Fish and Wildlife
Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator
402 West Washington Street, Room W273
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(2) Include in the report provided under subdivision (1):
(A) The location of the discovery, including the name of the county and the waterway.
(B) The date of the discovery.
(C) Contact information for the person making the report, including telephone number and address.
Hearing Held: May 17, 2012
Approved by Attorney General: July 23, 2012
Approved by Governor: August 1, 2012
Filed with Publisher: August 1, 2012, 10:57 a.m.
Documents Incorporated by Reference: None Received by Publisher
Small Business Regulatory Coordinator: Eric Fischer, Program Director, Division of Fish and Wildlife, Department of Natural Resources, 402 West Washington Street, Room W273, Indianapolis, IN 46204, 317-234-3883, email@example.com
Posted: 08/29/2012 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: May 07,2015 1:40:26AM EDT
version of this document.