TITLE 312 NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION
LSA Document #12-118(E)
Temporarily adds noncode provisions to amend 312 IAC 8
to restrict temporarily the use of a state forest during a forest resource management activity. Effective March 12, 2012.
SECTION 1. (a) This document supplements 312 IAC 8 to establish a process for restricting temporarily the use of a state forest during a particular forest resource management activity.
(b) The following definitions apply to this document and to any action by the state forester taken under this document:
(2) "Forest resource management activity" refers to any:
(A) timber stand improvement;
(B) prescribed fire;
(C) pesticide application;
(D) timber sale;
(E) timber harvest;
(F) trail construction; or
(G) other management activity;
which is conducted on a state forest.
(3) "State forester" means the director of the division of forestry of the department of natural resources.
(c) As determined reasonably required for the protection of public health, safety, and the environment, the state forester may:
(1) For the conduct of a timber sale, identify the exclusive area or areas where contractors and all other members of the public may observe a bid opening.
(2) For the conduct of a forest management activity:
(A) Establish a zone from which the public is prohibited, the boundaries of which are not less than the following:
(i) Two hundred (200) feet from the perimeter of the forest management activity.
(ii) Two hundred (200) feet from a tree marked for removal.
(ii) One hundred (100) feet from a road authorized for use during the management activity.
(B) Closes any trail that enters a zone, established under clause (A), at the junction of the trail with another trail or a road that does not enter the zone.
(3) To facilitate the conduct of a forest management activity, designate and condition routes within the DNR property to manage the movement of vehicular traffic, persons, or animals. This subdivision may include restrictions on parking.
SECTION 2. SECTION 1 of this document takes effect on March 12, 2012.
Filed with Publisher: March 9, 2012, 10:23 a.m.
Posted: 03/14/2012 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: Sep 21,2014 2:37:14PM EDT
version of this document.