TITLE 312 NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION
LSA Document #11-421(F)
Amends 312 IAC 8-1-3
, which governs entrance into DNR properties, to provide standards regarding entry with firewood and possession of firewood. Effective 30 days after filing with the Publisher.
312 IAC 8-1-3 Entrance and use requirements; firewood
Authority: IC 14-10-2-4
; IC 14-11-2-1
Sec. 3. (a)
The commission may, in a master plan or by resolution, establish any of the following:
(1) Fees for:
(A) entrance into a DNR property; or
(B) a particular use within a DNR property.
(2) Entrance and exit sites for a DNR property.
(3) Conditions upon or prohibitions against particular uses within a DNR property or a portion of a DNR property.
(b) In addition to any requirement established under subsection (a), a person may bring firewood into or possess firewood on a DNR property only if the firewood is one (1) of the following:
(1) Bundled and accompanied by a federal compliance stamp issued by the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
(2) Bundled and accompanied by a state compliance stamp issued by the department's division of entomology to the firewood vendor from whom the wood was purchased.
(3) Inspected and certified by the department's division of entomology and plant pathology and transported for sale or distribution into a DNR property by either of the following:
(A) A state-certified concessionaire.
(B) The department.
(4) Consisting of kiln-dried construction lumber.
(5) Consisting of logs, timber, or another part of a tree with all bark removed.
(c) The following definitions apply throughout this section:
(Natural Resources Commission; 312 IAC 8-1-3; filed Oct 28, 1998, 3:32 p.m.: 22 IR 738, eff Jan 1, 1999; readopted filed Nov 17, 2004, 11:00 a.m.: 28 IR 1315; readopted filed Mar 25, 2010, 2:58 p.m.: 20100421-IR-312100037RFA; filed Feb 16, 2012, 11:34 a.m.: 20120314-IR-312110421FRA)
(1) "Firewood" means kindling, logs, boards, lumber, timber, and any part of a tree that is in a form and size appropriate for use as fuel. Logs cut into lengths at least four and one-half (4 1/2) feet long are not firewood.
(2) "Kiln-dried construction lumber" means processed boards cut and dried to remove all bark.
Hearing Held: November 16, 2011
Approved by Attorney General: February 10, 2012
Approved by Governor: February 14, 2012
Filed with Publisher: February 16, 2012, 11:34 a.m.
Documents Incorporated by Reference: None Received by Publisher
Small Business Regulatory Coordinator: Mike Mycroft, Chief of Natural Resources, Division of State Parks and Reservoirs, Department of Natural Resources, Indiana Government Center North, 402 West Washington Street, Room W298, Indianapolis, IN 46204, (317) 232-4128, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: 03/14/2012 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: Dec 17,2017 9:12:20AM EST
version of this document.