NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION
Information Bulletin #68
RESOLUTION OF THE NATURAL RESOURCES COMMISSION IN SUPPORT OF INDIANA CHILDREN'S OUTDOOR BILL OF RIGHTS
It is our goal to encourage Indiana's children to participate in outdoor activities and discover their heritage. Numerous studies have shown that children who participate in outdoor activities are healthier, do better in school, have better social skills, have a stronger self-image, and lead more fulfilled lives.
We believe that all Indiana children are entitled to experience these activities in the outdoors, regardless of ability:
1. Explore and play outdoors in a safe place.
2. Follow a trail and discover native plants, wildlife, and history.
3. Experience traditional outdoor activities like fishing or hunting.
4. Discover and celebrate Indiana's past.
5. Camp out under the stars.
6. Climb a tree.
7. Visit a farm.
8. Plant a seed or a tree and watch it grow.
9. Splash and play in streams, lakes, and ponds.
10. Enjoy the outdoors using all the senses.
11. Ask questions, find answers, and share nature with a friend.
The Natural Resources Commission approved this Resolution at its regular monthly meeting of November 15, 2011.
Posted: 11/23/2011 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: May 06,2016 6:50:29PM EDT
version of this document.