Court Performance Timeliness Measures
The Child in Need of Services (CHINS) Timeliness Measures were established by Administrative Rule 1 (F) in order to track and measure court performance in CHINS and Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) cases. The performance measures are based on the guidelines of the federal Court Improvement Program and are a part of the requirements of the program. They also provide an opportunity for courts to check their own performance and timeliness in CHINS and TPR cases. Effective July 1, 2014, every court with CHINS jurisdiction is required to report quarterly on the timeliness measures.
The timeliness measures are:
- Time to permanent placement
- Time to first permanency hearing
- Time to the filing of the termination of parental rights petition
- Time to termination of parental rights
- Time to all subsequent permanency hearings.
- Time to adjudication
- Time to disposition
- Timeliness of disposition
- Timeliness of termination of parental rights
- Time from disposition to termination of parental rights
All data will be submitted through the CIP Timeliness Measures INCite application, including manual data submissions and Excel spreadsheets. If you have questions or need assistance with the CIP Timeliness Measures process, please contact Matthew Hagenbush at email@example.com or 317-232-1313.
|Quarter||Petition Filed After||CHINS Wardship Terminated Between||Report Due|
|1st||October 1, 2012||October 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017||January 10, 2018|
|2nd||October 1, 2012||January 1, 2018 – March 31, 2018||April 10, 2018|
|3rd||October 1, 2012||April 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018||July 10, 2018|
|4th||October 1, 2012||July 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018||October 10, 2018|