- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission

IURC > Water and Wastewater Division > Water Resource Data Collection Water Resource Data Collection

In the 2012, I.C. ch. 8-1-30.5 was enacted into law. This law requires the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) to collect specific data from water utilities, regardless of whether the water utility is currently regulated by the IURC, and to make recommendations to the legislature. Specifically, the law requires us to report on the following topics:

  • The efficient use of financial resources by water utilities;
  • Necessary infrastructure investments by water utilities; and
  • Actions designed to minimize impacts on the rates and charges imposed on water and wastewater customers.

All Data Must Be Submitted Via The IURC's Electronic Filing System

Due to the type and amount of information being collected, all utilities are being asked to submit the Water Utility Resource Report through the online form on the IURC's website. For instructions on how to file, please click here. The online form will be available in early February through April 1 of the current year.

Deadline to Submit Data

This data request is due by April 1, 2016. ***Due to a new system upgrade, the Commission has temporarily suspended submissions of Water Utility Resource Reports. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  

Reference Materials

The following links are related to the Water Utility Resource Report:

The IURC anticipates a final report will be made available in Fall 2015, at which point the agency will present its annual report to the Regulatory Flexibility Committee.

Frequently Asked Questions

For answers to frequently asked questions, please click here.

IURC Contact for Water Utility Resource Reports

If you have additional questions, please contact Marcus Turner, Senior Utility Analyst, at 317-234-4806 or by email.