In order to participate in the selection process, applicants for the position of Motor Carrier Inspector must meet the following basic requirements:
- Prior to appointment, an applicant selected for Motor Carrier Inspector position
- Be at least twenty and one-half (20½) years of age;
- Be required to pass the Motor Carrier Inspector background investigation; and
- Possess a valid Indiana driver's license.
- An applicant will be required to pass an approved job related physical examination
after employment is offered.
- Prior to awarding enforcement powers, Motor Carrier Inspectors shall:
- Successfully complete a formal Motor Carrier Inspector school that has been approved by the Superintendent;
- Pass any written examination or other performance criteria approved by the Superintendent; and
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.