Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
The Vanderburgh County ordinance requires public places and places of employment to be smoke - free. The ordinance allows for restaurants and bars to have separate smoking rooms. Membership clubs are exempt from the ordinance. The exemption for bars and taverns with smoking rooms will end in 2009. The ordinance becomes effective on January 2, 2007.
The Evansville ordinance only requires non-smoking areas in workplaces and public places. Effective on January 2, 2007.
Hospitals and Health Care Facilities:
· Deaconess Cross Pointe Center LLC
· Deaconess Hospital
· St. Mary’s Health System
· Wellborn Clinic
· Select Speciality Hospital-Evansville (not tobacco free)
Public School Districts:
· Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation
· Signature School Inc. (not tobacco free)
· Evansville- All City Buildings