- Lead Agency: Healthy Communities of LaPorte County
- Coalition Coordinator: Sandra Gleim
- Mailing Address: 800 Lincolnway, Suite 200; LaPorte, IN 46350
- Phone: 219-326-6232
- Fax: 219-362-9405
- E-mail: email@example.com
Total Population - 110,106
Ages 0-4 - 7,116
Ages 5-17 - 19,886
Ages 18-24 - 9,440
Ages 25 and older - 73,664
African American - 11,156
White - 94,972
Hispanic - 3,402
Tobacco Free Policies
Hospitals and Health Care Facilities:
- LaPorte Regional Health
- St. Anthony Medical Center
Public School Districts:
- Dewey Township Schools
- MSD of New Durham Township
- South Central Community School Corporation
- Michigan City - City Buildings
- LaPorte- City Buildings
- Westville- Town Hall
Community-based Tobacco Control Coalition
- Community Health Center
- Dunebrook-Healthy Families
- Ivy Tech Community College
- LaPorte Community School Corporation
- LaPorte County Health Department
- LaPorte County Schools
- LaPorte Regional Health System
- Michiana Resources
- Michigan City Area Schools Safe Harbor Afterschool Program
- Minority Health Coalition
- New Life Community Church
- Open Door Adolescent Clinic
- Purdue Extension
- Purdue University
- Saint Anthony Memorial
- Swanson Center
- Samaritan Center Counseling
- Youth Services Bureau
- Increase the proportion of Indiana school districts that support and implement a comprehensive school strategy against tobacco use.
- Proportion of tobacco free campus policies for hospitals, health care centers, and clinics.
- Proportion of smoke free policies for worksites, including restaurants and bars.
- Proportion of school districts with tobacco-free campuses.
- Extent of promotion of the Indiana Tobacco Quitline
- Proportion of health care providers and health care systems that have fully implemented the Public Health Service guidelines for cessation.
- Extent of participation by partners within the broad-based coalition.
- Extent of participation by groups representing disparately affected (i.e. hard to reach) populations in the community.
- Funding for July 2009- June 2011: $400,000