- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana State Department of Health

Indiana State Department of Health

Vital Records > Register a Birth > Register a Delayed Birth Certificate Register a Delayed Birth Certificate

For a delayed birth to be registered, proper documentation, completed forms, and associated payment is required. Documentation requirements vary depending on the individual's age at the time of registration.

To file a Delayed Registration of Birth, please contact Tasha Smith at (317) 233-7109, Matthew Halas at (317) 233-8286, or mail the request to:

Indiana State Department of Health
Vital Records
Attn: Delayed Registration of Birth
2 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204