- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana State Department of Health

Indiana State Department of Health

Vital Records > Corrections & Amendments > Correct/Amend a Death Certificate Correct/Amend a Death Certificate

To make changes to a death certificate, you will need to contact the funeral director who filed the original certificate to request the necessary changes.

The funeral director must make the changes, sign, and refile the amended certificate. The medical certifier must also sign the amended certificate. If the original signatures cannot be obtained, a court order is required.