Information about Direct-to-Consumer Testing for Breast & Ovarian Cancer
Click here to read a statement from the Indiana Genetics Advisory Committee (IGAC) and the Indiana Network of Genetic Counselors (INGC) about direct-to-consumer testing for breast & ovarian cancer.
Click here to see the poster about genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancer that was developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Indiana’s cancer genetic counselors.
Click here for more information on triaging & ordering genetic testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2.
Click here for FAQs that providers may encounter from patients interested in BRCA genetic testing.
For more information:
- Checklist for Cancer Genetics Evaluation
- AMA Policy Statement on Genetic Testing
- Indiana Network of Genetic Counselors
- Information on Insurance Anti-Discrimination Laws
- International Society of Nurses in Genetics
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Information Service
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)
- NSGC Position Statement on DTC