Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana State Department of Health
Indiana Death Registration System (IDRS)
- Electronic filing of approximately 56,000 Indiana deaths annually
- Registration takes place in the county of occurrence as prescribed by law
- Certificate issuance reduced from 21 plus days to 7 days
- User-friendly death data entry screens
- Real-time editing
- Higher quality data and error reduction
- 24/7 accessibility
- Highly secure web site
- Verified social security numbers using an online application connected to the Social Security Administration.
- Online help and instructions built into system
- Greater efficiency, as participants interact electronically (health facilities, physicians, funeral directors, medical examiners and coroners)
- Ability to reduce fraud and identity theft
- Ability to provide uniform death certificates for the entire state