Indiana Birth Registration System (IBRS)
The Indiana Birth Registration System rolled out in January of 2007 to 120 birthing hospitals and birthing centers, 95 local health departments, 47 state users and currently has about 1,200 users.
The goal of the Indiana Birth Registration System is to enable the participants of the birth registration process to electronically file birth records with local and state registrars. Registration facilities will access the system on-line so that facts of birth and medical information can be registered electronically.
- Electronic filing of approximately 86,000 Indiana births annually
- Registration takes place in the county of occurrence as prescribed by law
- User–friendly data entry screens
- Real–time editing
- Higher quality data and error reduction
- 24/7 accessibility
- Highly secure web site
- Ability to reduce fraud and identity theft
- Ability to provide uniform birth certificates for the entire state.
- Indiana Birth Work Sheet
- IBRS Application Form
- IBRS Removal Form
- Hospital Training Guide
- Hospital User Quick Key
- Local Health Department Training Guide
- Local Health Department Quick Key
- Indiana Fetal Death Certificate