An applicant shall apply for admission by submitting a completed application packet which includes all requested documentation. Application packets may be requested by phone (765) 497-8635 or by e-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Written requests should be mailed to:
Attn: Admissions Department
Indiana Veterans' Home
3851 N. River Road
West Layfayette, IN 47906
Notice of Privacy Practices
- All honorably discharged members of the U.S. armed services who have served in any of its wars
- All honorably discharged members of the U.S. armed forces who have served in an authorized campaign and who have a service connected disability, as evidenced by a pension certificate or award of compensation.
- The spouses of such honorably discharged members of the armed forces
- The surviving spouse of such discharged members of the armed forces who were married to the Veteran for at least five (5) years (and were not divorced prior to the Veteran’s death).
- Those discharged members of the U.S. armed forces who meet the criteria listed above, but who have not been a resident of Indiana for at least three years preceding application, may apply for a residency waiver. If the waiver request is granted, such individuals would be considered eligible applicants.
- World War I: April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918
- World War II: December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946
- Korean War: June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955
- Vietnam: February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990 until cessation of hostilities, as determined by the United States Government.
Eligibility Dates with a Service Connected Disability
- Lebanon/Grenada: August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984
- Panama: December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990
- Numerous other Crisis to include the Middle East Crisis, Somalia, Bosnia, Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom
The Indiana Veterans’ Home is capable of accepting residents into Comprehensive Care, Residential and Domiciliary areas of living.