In order to close a mobile home community, the following must be accomplished before the area of land that contains mobile homes is no longer considered a mobile home community amenable to IC 16-41-27 and Rule 410 IAC-6-6.
- Reduce the number of mobile homes to four (4) or less; or remove all mobile homes from the premises.
- If unoccupied mobile homes are left on the property, the homes must be secured and utilities eliminated as described below.
- Once the mobile homes are vacant and/or removed, the abandoned septic tank(s) must be pumped free of all solid and liquids, by a wastewater hauler, licensed in the State of Indiana. The sewage must be hauled to an approved disposal site. The septic tank(s) must be filled with pea gravel or sand.
- Water and sewer risers on each vacant mobile home and/or each unoccupied mobile home lot must be disconnected and capped at the main distribution and collection line.
- Electrical service must be removed from each unoccupied mobile home.
- If abandoning the well serving the mobile home park, the well must be abandoned in accordance with sections 1 and 2 of 312 IAC 13-10
Confirmation by a field staff inspection is necessary before the park will be considered closed.