Trauma and Injury Prevention Division Staff
Art Logsdon, JD, Assistant Commissioner, Health and Human Services Commission
- Art graduated from Butler University with a B.S. in Journalism and from Indiana University with both a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Law degree. He has served three separate stints at the State Department of Health in roles as diverse as the agency’s communications director, deputy director of the legal office, assistant commissioner for the Health Care Quality and Regulatory Commission and director of the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention. He continues to have responsibility for trauma and injury prevention in his role as Assistant Commissioner for the Health and Human Services commission. Outside the State Department of Health, he has served as the editor of three weekly newspapers on Indianapolis’ west side, in public relations for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana, in the private practice of law and as president and CEO of the Indiana Health Care Association.
Katie Hokanson, Director, Trauma and Injury Prevention Division
- Katie graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and a minor in Management. She worked at Frito-Lay as a front line supervisor for a year and a half prior to joining ISDH in 2012. She started in the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention as the Trauma Registry Manager and served in that role for two and a half years before moving into her current role as division director.
Murray Lawry, Prescription Drug Overdose (PDO) Project Manager
- Murray graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Masters in Public Administration. He is also a certified EMT. Murray has been with the Indiana State Department of Health for a number of years. He transferred to the Trauma Program from the ISDH Hospital Preparedness Program, where he was responsible for the hospitals in Preparedness Planning Districts 1,2,3,4 and 6.
Camry Hess, Data Analyst
- Camry graduated from Goshen College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Environmental Science and from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Biostatistics. She worked at the Center for Health Policy at IUPUI prior to joining ISDH.
Ramzi Nimry, Statewide Trauma System Development and Training Manager
- Ramzi graduated from Indiana University (Indianapolis) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Psychology. He spent three years with Family Social Services Administration, Division of Mental Health and Addiction and two years with Regenstrief Institute, within the IU Center for Aging Research prior to joining ISDH.
John O'Boyle, Records Coordinator (INVDRS & PDO)
- John graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public and Environmental Affairs and a minor in Criminal Justice. He worked at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) as a special agent for nearly 25 years prior to joining ISDH.
Ryan Cunningham, Records Consultant (INVDRS & PDO)
- Ryan was a student at the College for Creative Studies School of Art and Design focusing on Illustrative Painting and Sculpture projects emphasized on victims of violent acts and crimes. His study of both the physiology of injury and psychological impact led to the creation of pieces endeavored to inform the public and provide solace to victims. He is a commissioned artist painting and sculpting both private and commercial works. Ryan was a team leader at Chrysler Fiat, prior to joining ISDH.
Tanya Barrett, Event Project Coordinator
- Tanya holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies from the University of Maryland University College and a Master's of Science in Sport Management from Drexel University. She has managed meetings, conventions, workshops, galas and events from U.S. Pharmacopeia, The American Institute of Architects, Belmont Country Club and the Ritz-Carlton, prior to joining ISDH.
Preston Harness, Injury Prevention Coordinator
- Preston holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health and earned a Master's degree in Public Health from East Tennessee State University with a concentration in Health Services Management and Policy. Before joining ISDH, he worked for a not for profit child advocacy center as well as the Veteran's Health Administration. Preston is a certified child passenger safety technician and Stepping On trainer.
Dawn Smith, Trauma and Injury Prevention Associate
- Dawn graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology from Purdue University and a Master's degree in Environmental Management and Science from Carnegie Mellon University. Before joining ISDH she worked at Purdue University, Center for the Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology (CEINT), Cope Environmental Center and Advanced Testing Laboratory. She comes to ISDH as part of a two-year CDC Public Health Associate Program (PHAP).
James Carroll, Prescription Drug Overdose (PDO) Community Outreach Coordinator
- James graduated from Crossroads Bible College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Leadership. He spent four years as a Case Manager with the Family and Social Services Administration within the Division of Family Resources. He also has over 15 years of experience working with youth and adults with developmental disabilities, prior to joining ISDH.
Paravdeep (Pravy) Nijjar, Registry Coordinator
- Pravy graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health with a minor Psychology and a Master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in Administration. She worked with the Diversity and Inclusion Office at Indiana University prior to joining ISDH.
Brittany Armstrong, Records Consultant (INVDRS & PDO)
- Brittany attended Medtech College to study nursing and received her Pharmacy Technician license from IUPUI. She worked at Community Health Network's Cancer Center as a Patient Experience Specialist prior to joining ISDH.
Amanda Billman, Overdose Surveillance Educator Epidemiologist
- Mandy graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences in 2009 and a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree in 2011. During this time, Mandy developed her passion for local and state public health while interning with the Benton and Tippecanoe County Health Departments. Mandy has worked at the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) for six years and has previously worked as the Invasive Disease Epidemiologist for the ERC and Volunteer Coordinator for the Public Health Preparedness Emergency Response Division.
Raven Helmick, PDO Epidemiologist
- Raven graduated from Rogers State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology and received her Master’s degree in Epidemiology from the University of Oklahoma. She worked within the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s Acute Disease Service prior to joining ISDH.
Patricia Dotson, Records Consultant (INVDRS & PDO)
- Patricia completed Medical Assistant training at Med-Tech College. She has several years of experience in the health care field. She worked as a Data Integrity Specialist at Community Health Network prior to joining ISDH.
Anita McCormick-Peyton, Records Consultant (INVDRS & PDO)
- Anita graduated from Med-Tech College with her degree in Medial Billing and Coding. She has several years of medical billing and office management experience. She worked as a Patient Care Advocate and Pharmacy Biller for Express Scripts prior to joining ISDH.
Meghan Davis, Records Consultant (INVDRS & PDO)
- Meghan graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bioanthropology and a minor in Biology. She trained as a combat medic with the National Guard and is a certified paramedic. Meghan worked in Emergency Medical Services and with the Marion County Coroner's office prior to joining ISDH.
Tyler Gannon, Prescription Drug Overdose (PDO) Community Outreach Coordinator
- Tyler graduated from Indiana University School of Public Health with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology and a Master’s degree in Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology. He also worked for two years at a Community Mental Health Center.
Klaudia Wojciechowska, Trauma and Injury Prevention Associate
- Klaudia graduated from Middlebury College (located in the Green Mountains of Vermont) with a degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, and minors in Public Health and African Studies. She comes to ISDH as part of a two-year CDC Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) and is currently working with the prescription overdose team within the department.
Audrey Rehberg, Naloxone Program Manager
- Audrey graduated from Purdue University with her Bachelor of Science in Public Health and a minor in Human Development and Family Studies. She continued at Purdue in an accelerated program to obtain her Masters of Public Health with a concentration in Family and Community Health. Prior to joining ISDH, Audrey worked with Purdue Extension Marion County in the Health and Human Sciences division and at the Military Family Research Institute.
Jeremy Funk, Trauma and Injury Epidemiologist
- Jeremy graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology and received a Master's degree in Epidemiology from Tulane University. Jeremy completed a fellowship in Clinical Epidemiology at Lahey Health Clinic in Boston. Prior to work with ISDH, Jeremy operated a non-profit aimed at reducing concussions in high school athletes.
Carrie Bennett, Resources and Records Consultant
- Carrie graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Public Health from the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI. Before joining ISDH in 2018, Carrie was a manager at the Vitamin Shoppe, and had previous experience in research for the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health and the office of Research in Medical Education at the IU School of Medicine.