Click to subscribe
Art Logsdon, JD, Assistant Commissioner, Health and Human Services Commission
- Art graduated from Butler University with a B.S. in Journalism and from Indiana University with both a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Law degree. He has served three separate stints at the State Department of Health in roles as diverse as the agency’s communications director, deputy director of the legal office, assistant commissioner for the Health Care Quality and Regulatory Commission and director of the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention. He continues to have responsibility for trauma and injury prevention in his role as Assistant Commissioner for the Health and Human Services commission. Outside the State Department of Health, he has served as the editor of three weekly newspapers on Indianapolis’ west side, in public relations for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana, in the private practice of law and as president and CEO of the Indiana Health Care Association.
Katie Hokanson, Director, Trauma and Injury Prevention Division
- Katie graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and a minor in Management. She worked at Frito-Lay as a front line supervisor for a year and a half prior to joining ISDH in 2012. She started in the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention as the Trauma Registry Manager and served in that role for two and a half years before moving into her current role as division director.
Jessica Schultz, Injury Prevention Epidemiologist Consultant
- Jessica graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Biology and from the University of Michigan School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Epidemiology and Certificate in Public Health Genetics. She worked at the UMSPH Center for Public Health and Community Genomics, St. Joseph Community Health Foundation, and the McMillen Center for Health Education prior to joining ISDH.
Murray Lawry, INVDRS Coroner Records Coordinator
- Murray graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Masters in Public Administration. He is also a certified EMT. Murray has been with the Indiana State Department of Health for a number of years. He transferred to the Trauma Program from the ISDH Hospital Preparedness Program, where he was responsible for the hospitals in Preparedness Planning Districts 1,2,3,4 and 6.
Camry Hess, Trauma Registry Data Analyst
- Camry graduated from Goshen College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Environmental Science and from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Biostatistics. She worked at the Center for Health Policy at IUPUI prior to joining ISDH.
Ramzi Nimry, Trauma System Performance Improvement Manager
- Ramzi graduated from Indiana University (Indianapolis) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Psychology. He spent three years with Family Social Services Administration, Division of Mental Health and Addiction and two years with Regenstrief Institute, within the IU Center for Aging Research prior to joining ISDH.
Rachel Kenny, INVDRS Epidemiologist
- Rachel graduated from Syracuse University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology and Forensic Science. She is currently working towards a Master's degree in Epidemiology at the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health. She worked at the University of Indianapolis prior to joining ISDH.
John O'Boyle, INVDRS Law Enforcement Records Coordinator
- John graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public and Environmental Affairs and a minor in Criminal Justice. He worked at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) as a special agent for nearly 25 years prior to joining ISDH.
Lauren Savitskas, Injury Prevention Program Coordinator
- Lauren graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and a Master's degree in Public Health from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health with a concentration in Social and Behavioral Sciences. She worked at the King County Health Department in Seattle, Washington prior to joining ISDH. Lauren recently became a certified passenger safety technician for Safe Kids.