The goal of the Indiana Multi-Agency/Multi Jurisdiction Computer Aided Dispatch/ Records Management System (CAD/RMS) project is to save money and save lives via a standards-based, shared data system accessible to all of Indiana's public safety agencies. Using funds from the federal Recovery Act, Indiana invested in a statewide CAD/RMS system - implementation and subsequent operation/maintenance are based on the highly successful statewide interoperable voice communication system:
- The state provides the “backbone” for data/records management system, including implementation and maintenance.
- Local agencies may purchase from a negotiated QPA, saving them significant dollars on software and hardware and long term software maintenance expenses related to building their own system.
- The end result fosters cooperation, common architecture, and data interoperability.
Project Status & Highlights
- The CAD/RMS/Mobile/AVL project has been fully implemented in all six Indiana State Police Districts.
- Nine local agencies will be joining the CAD/RMS system between now and the end of September.
- RMS training has been held in all ISP regions. As a result, each region now has trained experts serving as the “go to people” for users.
- Interfaces were developed to allow data exchange between the RMS and other systems. For example, officers can now access data from the statewide crash reporting system and the court’s eticket system in a matter of seconds, which vastly improves their safety. An interface between the RMS and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) allows evidence custodians to access the secure location of evidence waiting to be checked in. Data is automatically transferred from the RMS into LIMS, alleviating the redundancy of rekeying information. These and other RMS features allow employees to be more efficient with less opportunity for errors.
- CAD/RMS also has a major update released scheduled for late September. This release will include a BMV (tow-in) form for law enforcement to use on impounds, single sign on, and other enhancements.
Project Information & Newsletters
For more information about CAD, RMS, Mobile and Jail Tracker, visit the Caliber/Interact website: https://caliberpublicsafety.com/