- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Public Retirement System

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > My Fund > Police and Firefighters > Frequently Asked Questions for Employers Frequently Asked Questions for Employers

The following are questions that have been frequently asked. Before calling INPRS, please review this list to see if your question has already been answered.

Will I have to do this every year? Why am I required to do this?
Yes. According to IC 5-10.3-11-4, in order to receive your reimbursement, the information regarding the payments made in the previous year must be sent to INPRS annually.
What should I do if I cannot log in to ERM?
Please contact your staff ERM security administrator to ensure they have added you as a contact in ERM with the Pension Relief Administrator security role.  If you receive an error message stating your account is locked or disabled, you staff ERM security administrator can generate you a new password.

Am I going to be able to access my information from last year?
Yes. Once you log in to ERM and access the upload link, you will have the ability to pull up your submission from the previous year.  Once you have pulled it up, you need to add any new pensioners, beneficiaries, deaths, and payment amounts.

What happens if I don’t submit my PR data on time?
You are ineligible to receive a distribution if you do not supply the complete information (IC 5-10.3-11-4).

When can I start submitting my information online?
You will be able to log into ERM and access the Pension Relief link beginning sometime in late December or early January.

When and what information will be available online to assist me with the process?
The INPRS website has a dedicated section for Pension Relief, which is in the process of being updated. There is some helpful information currently available to view.  More information and new step by step guides will be available in mid-December. Please visit this web site. In the side menu, select My Fund --> Police and Firefighters, and then scroll to the bottom section called Pension Relief Information.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions regarding my pension relief distribution?
If you have questions regarding pension relief, feel free to call us toll-free at (888) 876-2707.

When will I receive my pension relief distributions?
You will receive a letter each June indicating your pension relief amount. Your pension relief distributions are then sent via EFT by July 1st and October 2nd.

What information is needed concerning the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)?
INPRS is required by law to pay out your PR distribution amount in two equal payments: one in June and the other in September.

If you have changed your bank account information for the Pension Relief EFT since the previous year, please submit this form on the Web site to update bank account information to INPRS. (In the side menu, select My Fund --> Police and Firefighters, and then scroll to the bottom section called Pension Relief Information.)

What if I make an error or want to change my Pension Relief report after I have sent it to INPRS?
If you make an error, or need to change your information, please contact INPRS toll-free at (888) 876-2707 and we will have the report sent back to you electronically so that you can fix any errors.

Who do I talk to in order to know how much my unit is going to receive?
INPRS will send a letter in June to your department informing you of your June and September distribution amounts.

Why does it take so long to get my PR payout?
INPRS is required by IC 5-10.3-11-4.7 to pay out your PR distribution amount in two equal payments.  One payment is distributed by July 1st and the other is distributed by October 2nd.