- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Public Retirement System

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > My Fund > Teachers > Divorce/Dissolution Packet Divorce/Dissolution Packet

If you are going through a divorce, we recommend that you request a “divorce packet” from TRF, which contains important information on calculating the value of your retirement benefit and how, legally, the TRF benefit works.  To obtain a packet, you must submit your written request to the Indiana State Teachers’ Retirement Fund, One North Capitol, Suite 001, Indianapolis, IN 46204.  You may also fax it to (317) 232-3882, Attn: Legal Department.  Your request must contain four pieces of information:

  1. your name; 
  2. your Social Security number or Pension ID;
  3. the mailing address to which you would like the packet sent; and
  4. your signature. 

You should also indicate on the request if you need the value of your Annuity Savings Account (ASA) as of a certain date (e.g., the date of marriage, separation, filing, etc.).  The packet can easily be passed along to an attorney, if you have hired one, and will answer many of the questions that you or your attorney may have about your benefit.