Change or Remove beneficiary due to divorce:
- Please read the information contained in the Preliminary Estimate Request Retiree Change of Beneficiary/Survivor Beneficiary And/Or Retirement Option then complete the attached form and submit it to TRF with a copy of your final divorce order or decree. Please submit a copy of your property settlement agreement if one was entered into as a part of your final divorce order or decree.
- Your estimate request form and final divorce order or decree will be reviewed by TRF to determine eligibility.
- If approved, your application will be forwarded for processing. If not approved, your application and divorce order or decree will be returned with a written explanation of why the change request was denied.
- Your application will then be submitted to the Fund’s actuary for an estimate. The completed estimate and an Application for Retired Member Change of Beneficiary/Survivor Beneficiary and/or Retirement Option form will be forwarded to you. The estimate is good for one year.
- Should you decide to change or remove your survivor beneficiary, the change is irrevocable once the completed Application for Retired Member Change of Beneficiary/Survivor Beneficiary and/or Retirement Option form is received by the Fund unless and until another qualifying event occurs pursuant to IC 5-10.2-4-7.2.
Please note: The divorce order or decree must be final, provisional orders do not qualify. The final divorce order or decree must not restrict or prohibit making such a change.