The following must be submitted to the 1977 Fund in order to process your retirement benefit ninety (90) days before your retirement date:
- Properly completed application for retirement benefits;
- Copy of your birth certificate, registration from the public health department, court decree, or other evidence relating to the member’s date of birth upon board approval; and
- Completed tax withholding forms (state and federal)
- Employer to complete Certification of Employer on page (3)
You will only be taxed on your benefit payments when they are received.
Survivor Benefit Application
The following must be submitted to the 1977 Fund in order to process your survivor benefit:
- Properly completed survivor benefit application;
- Copy of marriage certificate and affidavit stating member was actually married to spouse at the time of death (for surviving spouse claims);
- For surviving child claims, birth certificates of any survivors; and
- Death certificate of deceased member
- Picture ID
- Social Security card.
Section Six: Distribution of Member Contributions