SR 46 Reconstruction at Spencer
A $7,952,260 pavement replacement project is rebuilding State Road 46 at Spencer during the 2017 and 2018 construction seasons.
This S.R. 46 project replaces existing pavement and addresses drainage concerns between Fairview Avenue on the east side and the S.R. 46-U.S. Highway 231/S.R. 67 split on the west side.
The project includes
- New full-depth pavement replacement
- Storm sewers, sanitary sewers & water lines
- Sidewalks, curbs and ADA-compliant ramps
- Traffic signals at U.S. 231, Main Street and the S.R. 46-US 231/S.R. 67 split
- Coordination with town’s ornamental street lighting project
After initial water line and sewer excavation, west-bound traffic shifts in mid-June, 2017,to one-way single-lane travel on S.R. 46 opposite ongoing construction operations. Eastbound traffic switch to one-way single-lane travel on Franklin Street.