Economic Opportunity Division
INDOT's Economic Opportunity Division (EOD) works to ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of U.S. Department of Transportation-assisted contracts in highway, transit and airport financial assistance programs and to create a level playing field on which certified minority and women-owned businesses can fairly compete for USDOT-assisted contracts
EOD is responsible for:
- Certification of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, or DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR 26
- Certification of Airport Concessionaire Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, or ACDBEs as defined in 49 CFR 23
- Setting a three year overall goal for the DBE program and calculating individual DBE goals on federally funded highway consulting or construction contracts
- Ensuring contractor compliance with applicable state and federal laws including Equal Employment Opportunity and the Davis Bacon Act
- Increasing the number of journey-level minorities and women in Indiana’s construction industry through the On the Job Training Program
- Providing supportive services through both our DBE Supportive Services and On the Job Training Supportive Service Programs
Indiana DBE Directory
Find certified DBEs through the use of the Directory. DBEs may be searched and sorted by company name, NAICS code, DBE category/specialty, INDOT district, and/or DBE code.
DBE Program Manual
Please see the link below for our 2016-2019 manual, which has been reviewed and approved by FHWA. This explains in detail how our program operates in the current three-year cycle.
For general questions, please email our division in-box and someone will respond to you within one business day.
INDOT DBE Certification DBECertification@indot.IN.gov
Contract Compliance Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity Manager