- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.


Agency Links Links

Registering with the CCR and obtaining a DUNS Number Registering with the CCR and obtaining a DUNS Number

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 requires all State Revolving Fund Loan Program borrowers who are receiving ARRA funds to be registered in the Central Contractor Registry, which will require each borrower to have a Data Universal Numbering System number.

It is important that every borrower who will receive ARRA funds go through the appropriate steps to obtain a DUNS number and register with the CCR. No federal funds can be disbursed to a borrower until this requirement is met.

Step One: Getting a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number

Guidance for reporting under ARRA requires subawardees (in this case, SRF borrowers and subgrantees) to have a DUNS number for reporting. Please visit or call (866) 705-5711.

In order to obtain a DUNS Number you will need to provide the following information:

  • Legal Name
  • Tradestyle, Doing Business As (DBA), or other name by which your organization is commonly recognized
  • Physical Address, City, State, and Zip Code
  • Mailing Address (if separate)
  • Telephone Number
  • Contact Name
  • SIC Code (Line of Business) - If you are a city or town, your SIC Code is 9121, if not, visit OSHA's Web site.
  • Number of Employees at your location
  • Headquarters name and address (if there is a reporting relationship to a parent corporate entity)
  • Is this a home-based business?

Step Two: Getting an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)

If an organization does not have an EIN/TIN contact the IRS at (866) 255-0654.

Step Three: Registering with the Central Contractor Registration

An organization may register online at

  • U.S. EPA Tip Sheet for registering with the CCR

To assist with the process, CCR offers the following:

Information from SRF

June Memo to Financial Advisors and Bond Counsel


If you have any questions on this requirement or the process, please contact Bill Harkins at (317) 234-4862 or