What We Don't Do
WHAT DOES INDIANA DISABILITY RIGHTS NOT DO?
- INDIANA DISABILITY RIGHTS DOES NOT ASSIST IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS!
IF YOU EXPERIENCE AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1.
- Indiana Disability Rights does not help individuals apply for benefits such as Social Security, SNAP, etc.
- Indiana Disability Rights does not submit appeals for benefits denials.
- Indiana Disability Rights will not interfere if you have already retained legal counsel.
- Indiana Disability Rights usually cannot help you if your issue is not based on discrimination due to disability. Please contact us for more information.
- Indiana Disability Rights does not represent the interests of caregivers, family members. We only represent the interests and desires of the individual with a disability.
What Kind Of Services Does Indiana Disability Rights Not Provide?
- Taxes, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning
- Foreclosure, Financial Assistance, Bankruptcy
- Theft, Identity Theft, Fraud
- Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody
- Medical Malpractice
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Justice
- Benefits Applications or Appeals
Now That I Know What Indiana Disability Rights Doesn't Do, What CAN Indiana Disability Rights Do?
- Provide support to people with disabilities, whose civil rights have been violated
- Provide information and referral
- Provide assistance, recommendations and support in self-advocacy
- Provide assistance in advocacy, negotiation, or mediation on behalf of individuals
- Investigate allegations of abuse, neglect, or civil rights violations
- Provide information and education to the public regarding the needs and rights of people with disabilities
- Identify problems in the service delivery system and advocate for systemic change
- Monitor law changes and provide technical assistance to attorneys on disability law
What Can I Do?
If your civil rights have been denied to you because of your disability, contact Indiana Disability Rights, by phone 800.622.4845 or TTY 800.838.1131 -or-