Application to Become a Navigator Precertification Education (PE) Provider
Navigator PE Provider Application/Renewal Application
Any insurance trade association, accredited college or university, educational organization, or Application Organization, may apply to become an Indiana Navigator precertification education (PE) provider. A Navigator PE provider application or renewal must be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the course start date. Applications are reviewed by the IDOI Education Advisory Council, which meets publically the second Thursday of each month. Notices of a public hearing are posted on the IDOI Home page. Approval of a Navigator PE provider is valid for two (2) years from the date of approval. A provider's contact information and expiration date may be viewed by doing an Approved Providers Inquiry.
- Navigator PE Provider Application (for both new application and renewal)
NOTE: A Navigator PE Program Director or Instructor applying or renewing outside of the time for application or renewal of the program, must submit the page of the application pertaining to the Director (page 2 only) or Instructor (page 3 only) along with the required application fee ($25 for a Director and $10 for an Instructor).
- A completed application must be mailed to: Indiana Department of Insurance, 311 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787.
- Application must include: One (1) original set of all documentation; a check or money order for the total amount of fees ($50.00 provider application fee; $25.00 director fee; $10.00 instructor fee, per instructor); course content outline/agenda; and text material. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Indiana Department of Insurance or IDOI. No cash payments will be accepted.
- View Navigator PE Course Criteria and Resources
- View 760 IAC 4-8 - Navigator Precertification Education Program Requirements
Subscription to Vertafore/Sircon
Once a Navigator PE provider is approved, the provider must subscribe to Vertafore/Sircon. This will allow the provider to enter course dates, locations, and update contact information for the course that is viewable online to the public. This will also allow the provider to generate course certificates of completion for Indiana Navigator applicants and submit updated course materials to IDOI.
NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF NAVIGATOR PRECERTIFICATION EDUCATION TRAINING RESOURCES. Effective January 19, 2018, the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) is discontinuing its Navigator precertification education (PE) training resources available to Navigator PE providers offering Navigator PE courses in order to align with IDOI goals and priorities for Navigator precertification education. The training resources being discontinued include the Indiana Navigator Training Resource Manual, Version 3.0 (last updated January 2017) and four (4) Indiana Navigator Training Resource Modules (last updated January 2017).
IDOI Navigator PE training resources may no longer be submitted with new or renewal Navigator PE provider applications. Applicants must submit new and updated course materials that adhere to IC 27-19-4-11, 760 IAC 4-8 and the Indiana Navigator Subject Matter Content Outline. Past training resources published by IDOI may be used for developing new and updated course materials.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Matt Tapp at email@example.com or 317-232-2414.