Plainfield Correctional Facility
Avg Daily Population
Calendar Year 2013: 1656
727 Moon Road
Plainfield, IN 46168
Community Advisory Board
All meetings are held at 2:00pm.
- Core Values Orientation: Consists of movies, class assignments, which teach participants how to apply the 6 core values in life. This will be the next class to start. Lasts 8 – 12 weeks.
- Spiritual Literacy: Consists of movies, class assignments, which teach participants individual spirituality. Identifies the sacred meaning of today’s world. Lasts 8 – 12 weeks.
- Threshold: Spiritual class that emphasizes your faith. Required for Faith Based Plus only. It is scheduled for 12-24 weeks and has 3 phases.
- Breaking The Cycle: Focuses on the participants’ past substance abuse issues. Has 4 phases. This lasts 12-24 weeks.
- Houses of Healing: Focuses on emotional awareness and emotional healing. Offers participants ways to deal with their childhood memories and adolescent issues. Lasts 8- 12 weeks.
- Responsible Living: (RRRP) Self explanatory.
- Responsible Thinking: (RRRP) Self-explanatory.
The following classes are electives
- Knit Wits: Making of hats and scarves for donation.
- Anger: Teaches how to recognize triggers of anger.
- Employment Skills: Interviewing skills, application explanation, mock interviews, etc.
- What Got Me Here: Journey that helps implement change.
- Effective Fathering: Teaches how to be a positive role model while incarcerated. Teaches how to reach out to family and children. Art Class: This is self-explanatory and is taught with Knit Wits.
- Purpose Driven Life 2: Based on the book.
- Financial Planning: Teaches the basics of financial matters.
- Please Understand Me: Teaches personality types and helps you recognize your basic core characteristics.
- Suicide and Hospice Instruction: Teaches what to do during hospice and suicide duties.
- Volunteers are needed for the facility Chess Club. It meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:10pm-8:50pm.
- Volunteers are needed for the arts and crafts group that meets on Wednesdays during the following times - 8:45am-10:45am, 12:45am-3:10pm, 6:10pm-8:50pm. The program offers drawing and painting for the participants.
- Volunteers are needed for the Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous programs. Volunteers provide unbiased support to individuals struggling with addiction.
- The Purposeful Living Units Serve (PLUS) program is a faith and character-based community that encourages offenders to choose alternatives to criminal thinking and behavior by providing a focus on spiritual and character development, life-skills training community service, and intentional preparation for living as law-abiding citizens.
- Volunteers are needed for the following faiths: Moorish Science Temple of America and Asatru.
- Volunteers are needed to teach the following classes/topics:
- Employment skills
- What Got Me Here
- Effective Fathering
- Purpose Driven Life
- Financial Planning
- Please Understand Me
- Suicide Prevention and Hospice Instruction
Community Involvement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Involvement Coordinator if you are interesting in volunteering or making a donation. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.