- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.


Agency Links Links

Indiana Department of Administration

IDOA > Indiana Government Center > Greening the Government > Greening Initiatives > Recycling > Corrugated Cardboard Corrugated Cardboard

Reuse If you have a gently-used State Record Center box, order re-use labels (State Form 25186) from Forms Distribution (317-591-5228). Reuse All State Record Center boxes if you can - it's much cheaper than buying new boxes AND you'll be doing the "green" thing!

If you have a gently-used copy-paper box (the ones that hold 10 reams of paper) and are located at the Indiana Government Center, put these boxes and lids in the nearest freight elevator area near the "Box Reuse and Recycling" sign. Central Printing will pick them up for reuse. You may also drop off re-usable copy paper boxes at Central Printing, located in IGCN-012.

Recycle Any non-reusable box or packaging made from corrugated (wafer type) cardboard is acceptable. Corrugated cardboard is identifiable by its cross-section appearance: two flat layers with a wavy (corrugated) layer in between. Break down the boxes so they are flat and place them in the IGC freight elevator bays for collection.

Not Included

  • Pizza Boxes because of the grease that is absorbed into the cardboard or boxes contaminated with other materials.
  • Boxboard (the thinner, flat paper board that is often used for cereal boxes, backs of paper pads or other items. Boxboard does NOT have the wavy middle layer that corrugated cardboard has. )

Loose foam Packing Peanuts or bubble wrap can be left in the box, as they will be removed for reuse on the dock. All other items should be removed from empty boxes.