Professional Services Contract Administration is responsible for reviewing and approving all contracts for professional services, grants, and agreements by and between State agencies. The division assists State agencies by:
- Publishing and distributing a manual about contract development.
- Providing training on an annual basis about contract development.
- Providing telephone assistance to State personnel, or pre-reviewing contracts to facilitate the contracting process.
- Providing one-on-one training in the development of contracts by request.
- Providing agency-specific training in the development of contracts by request.
- Reviewing contracts for approval.
The Department also assures that both the state agency and the vendor who have entered into a contract or purchase order are abiding by the terms and conditions of the agreement. The division assists state agencies by:
- Monitoring the progress of contracts, purchase orders, and quantity purchase agreements.
- Assuring that the agency receives the goods or services as called for in the contract terms and conditions.
- Assuring timely delivery of quality goods and services.
- Protecting the financial interests of the State and the rights of the contractors.
- Investigating and resolving both vendor and State agency complaints in regard to contracts and the solicitation process.
- Monitoring and maintaining vendor performance records.
- Maintaining and updating, periodically, vendor suspension and surveillance listings.
- Assisting in the training of State Procurement Agents.
E-Verify Available and Functioning
The E-verify webpage and service is available and functioning and is to be used by all contractors as described within the boilerplate documents..