The Public Advisory Group (PAG) was comprised of Southwest Indianapolis residents and community leaders who work toward increasing the quality of life for area residents through community improvements. The PAG met regularly at the Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center from June 2008 through March 2010.
The goals for the Public Advisory Group were:
- to ensure study results reached Southwest Indianapolis residents first;
- to ensure study results were communicated in a clear and understandable manner to the general public in the area;
- to give residents of Southwest Indianapolis a forum for voicing questions and concerns regarding the study; and,
- to provide community input concerning any necessary follow-up actions once the study is complete.
The PAG achieved these goals by helping IDEM to create a community involvement plan for the study. The community involvement plan was used to help IDEM understand which information would be most useful to residents and to identify which organizations and individuals should be involved with the release of the study results.
Public Advisory Group Participants
- Beth Gibson - West Indianapolis Development Corporation (WIDC)
- Joanne Hamilton - Marion County Alliance of Neighborhood Associations (McANA)
- Elizabeth McMillin - Southern Wayne Neighborhood Organization
- Dennis Papenmeier - Mayor's Neighborhood Liaison, City of Indianapolis
- Robyn Schuller - Director of Health Operations, Occupational Health and Hygiene Corporation of America
- Martha Wedemeyer - Southwest Health Clinic
- Kathi Dee - Parent Liaison, Daniel Webster School, IPS #46
- Janet McCabe - Improving Kids' Environment
- Pastor John Hay, Jr. - West Morris Street Free Methodist Church
- Richard Myers - Environmental Health and Safety, Indianapolis Public Schools