- Chapter 13 U.S. EPA Handbook (Implement Watershed Management Plan and Measure Progress) [PDF]:
- This chapter provides guidance on using adaptive management techniques to make changes to your watershed plan and on analyzing the monitoring data to determine whether milestones are being met. It also provides guidance on using a watershed plan to develop annual work plans.
- Water Quality Project Evaluation: A Handbook for Objectives-Based Evaluation of Water Quality Projects:
- This handbook from The Ohio State University provides a workbook-style format for the evaluation process of water quality projects. It is free through the eStore of the Ohio State University Extension.
- Chapter 4 U.S. EPA Handbook (Define Scope of Watershed Planning Effort) [PDF]:
- In sections 4.6 and 4.7, you can find information on what indicators are, how they are used in watershed planning process, and how to select them for your watershed planning project.
- Techniques for Tracking, Evaluating and Reporting the Implementation of Nonpoint Source Control Measures - Agriculture:
- This is a guidance document for tracking, evaluating and reporting agricultural implementation practices to control nonpoint source. It discusses sampling design as well as presentation of the results.
- See "Planning" Section
Management Plan Revision - Adaptive Management
- Chapter 13 U.S. EPA Handbook:
- What do you do when you are not making the progress you had hoped? How do you make adjustments to your plan? The final five pages of this chapter address adaptive management and revisiting the plan.