Guidance, Standards, and Specifications
IDEM’s Guidance Manual for Indiana’s Confined Feeding Program [PDF] explains key requirements of the law and rules that govern livestock and poultry farms in Indiana.
Conservation Practice Standards
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides conservation practice standards on subjects ranging from waste storage facilities and waste treatment lagoons to vegetated treatment areas and constructed wetlands.
- Waste Storage Facility - Code 313 [PDF]
- Critical Area Planting - Code 342 [PDF]
- Waste Treatment Lagoon - Code 359 [PDF]
- Closure of Waste Impoundments - Code 360 (October 2004) [PDF]
- Pond Sealing or Lining Compacted Soil Treatment - Code 520 [PDF]
- Pond Sealing or Lining Flexible Membrane - Code 521A [PDF]
- Pond Sealing or Lining Bentonite Sealant - Code 521C (October 2006) [PDF]
- Pond Sealing or Lining Concrete - Code 522 [PDF]
- Nutrient Management - Code 590 [PDF]
- Waste Utilization - Code 633 [PDF]
- Waste Transfer - Code 634 [PDF]
- Vegetated Treatment Area - Code 635 [PDF]
- Constructed Wetland - Code 656 [PDF]
NRCS also provides construction specifications for concrete construction and earthfill.