Clearing the Air Together
Partners for Clean Air
Partners for Clean Air
- Upcoming Events
- 2017 PCA Award Nomination Form
- Note: Award nominations are due by 5 PM Central Time, Monday, March 20, 2017.
- Become a Member of Partners for Clean Air (PCA)
- Partners for Clean Air (PCA) Members
- Air Quality Tips
- Educational Resources
- Related Web Sites
Partners for Clean Air (PCA) is a coalition of Northwest Indiana businesses, industries, local governments, and community groups committed to improving overall air quality and public health through voluntary actions.
Members of the Partners for Clean Air Program develop Air Quality Action Plans. These plans are designed to be implemented on Air Quality Action Days as a way of reducing harmful air pollutants, such as:
- ozone (a pungent pale blue gas which irritates the lungs)
- PM 2.5 (particles smaller than one one-hundredth of a grain of salt, which can irritate the air sacs in the lungs)
Air Quality Action Days are days in which ground level ozone and particulate matter are predicted to reach unhealthy levels. The Air Quality Action Season for Indiana ozone concerns begins May 1 and ends September 30 of each year while PM 2.5 action days can occur year round. Review your Action Day notification for information regarding what the primary pollutant for the day is. IDEM and the Illinois EPA employ a team of forecasters who analyze weather patterns, ozone concentrations, and PM 2.5 to determine if ground level ozone and PM 2.5 may reach unhealthy levels.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management Northwest Regional Office is located in Merrillville, Indiana and serves Lake, Porter, and LaPorte counties of Northwest Indiana. The office provides local access to permits, inspection reports, and general information on environmental activities with state, municipal, and industrial facilities in the area. In addition, staff members answer questions from the public about a wide range of environmental subjects.
For questions or comments, contact the Partners for Clean Air Coordinator at email@example.com.
- 2017 Partners for Clean Air Annual Award Nominations Now Being Accepted:
- Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Clean Air Annual Award. Consideration will be given to nominees that conducted voluntary actions during 2016 which had a clear air quality improvement benefit.
- A total of four nomination categories will be considered:
- Business actions
- Municipal actions
- Industry actions
- Bicycling actions
- Nominations will be accepted through 5 PM Central Time, Monday, March 20, 2017.
- NWI Partners for Clean Air Annual Luncheon & Awards Ceremony:
- When: April 28, 2017
- Where: The Clipper Room at the Hammond Port Authority
- Phone: (219) 250-0119
- Cost: Free
- Online Registration: Available March 1, 2017
- RSVP: Required (Seats are limited)