- Go to the following URL to open the Web site of the Indiana Statewide GIS Atlas: http://igs.indiana.edu/arcims/statewide/index.html
- Locate the Interactive Maps section and click on the "CLICK HERE TO CREATE INTERACTIVE MAPS" link. This will open a page titled "A GIS Atlas of Indiana"
- Under the section for Map Layers it should be at the default PLSS State Boundary layer
- Click on the link "Zoom to location or area" at the top of the page
- Use the Zoom tools in the right frame to Zoom into the area desired. You should get to a level of local roads being displayed.
- Click on the link for "Map Layers" at the top of the page
- Open the Hydrology folder by clicking on the plus (+) icon next to it or on the folder icon; then check the box for Watershed Huc14.
- Once that box is selected a new active layer is added to the drop down menu under map layers. Select Watershed HUC14 in the drop down menu to make it the active layer.
- Now select the Identify option off the toolbar. Then place you cursor over the region of concern, left click and a table will appear with the information.
Identifying the Longitude and Latitude
EPA maintains several web sites that can be accessed to obtain a project site's longitude and latitude, which is required on the Rule 5 NOI letter form.
The following directions will help guide you through the web site:
- scroll down to the heading titled “Internet Siting Tools”, and select the provided link;
- enter the requested information to open the area map corresponding to your project site (the subsequent viewed image can be moved by pressing an appropriate directional arrow);
- once the highest zoom setting is selected, an aerial photograph will be shown; and
- place and click the cursor on the desired location on the photograph, and the latitude and longitude be displayed below the photograph.