The Diploma Structure and Diploma Content task forces merged in October 2014 into the Diploma Content & Structure Taskforce. The merger was based on the shared scope of the two task forces and endorsed by members.
The Core 40 Subcommittee has charged the Diploma Content & Structure Taskforce to:
- Examine in-depth each of the diploma structures (General, Core 40, Academic Honors, and Technical Honors) to understand what value each of them hold with employers and postsecondary providers.
- Explore best practices for ensuring that graduation plans, career pathway plans, and post-secondary degree mapping align for all students.
- Consider best practices for showing the competencies that students have earned while in high school, regardless of which diploma they have achieved.
- Investigate innovative practices in scheduling that allow for expanded access and greater flexibility in the number of courses offered.
- Determine recommendations for changes to diploma structure, including whether or not there is a need for a career and technical education diploma.
- Determine which course offerings are aligned with Indiana’s college and career ready standards and can crosswalk to fulfill multiple requirements within the diploma structure
- Recommend changes to course requirements for general, core 40, academic honors, and technical honors diplomas to ensure each Indiana student has enough flexibility in his or her schedule to pursue a college and career pathway plan appropriate for his or her individual goals, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Diploma Content & Structure Taskforce
Diploma Content Taskforce
Diploma Structure Taskforce
- Rick Barnett, Indiana Marujun
- Jason Bearce, Commission for Higher Education
- Jennifer Berry, Indiana Dept. of Education
- Amanda Culhan, Indiana Dept. of Education
- Nichole Detrick, International School of Indiana
- Carroll Easterday, Westfield Washington Schools
- Kris Emaus, Retired from NIPSCO
- Vickie Ferrell, Retired Administrator, Speedway Schools
- Pamela Horne, Purdue University
- James Little, Logansport Community School Corp.
- Chris Lowery, Ivy Tech
- Teresa Lubbers, Commission for Higher Education
- Marie Mackintosh, Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Heather Moffatt, Vincennes University
- Martin Padgett, Clark Memorial Hospital
- Glenda Ritz, Superintendent of Public Instruction
- TJ Rivard, Indiana University
- Brad Rohrer, Subaru
- Dave Shane, LDI
- Daniel Tyree, Plymouth Community School Corp.