Connect With Social Media
The Indiana Archives and Records Administration participates in social networking sites in order to share events, announcements, photos, and finds from the Indiana State Archives. Our goal is to share Indiana history and information with as many individuals as possible.
By clicking the icons below, you will be taken to a web service that is not owned by the State of Indiana and has different privacy and security policies. The State of Indiana is not responsible for, and does not endorse, guarantee, or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, products, or services that are offered or expressed on non IN.gov portal websites.
Live Facebook Feed
Live Twitter Feed
Live Instagram Feed
Our commenting guidelines for social media
The following applies to social media services that IARA uses to communicate with the public.
Welcome to an official social media account sponsored by the Indiana Archives and Records Administration.
IARA-sponsored social media profiles and pages are a family-friendly outlet to promote our agency’s activities, events, and programs.
We encourage you to ask questions and share comments on content. Our social media team monitors IARA-sponsored social media profiles and pages but is not responsible for content generated by users. We accept the majority of comments but are not obligated to respond to comments.
We will remove comments that include the following:
- Obscene, profane, rude or vulgar language or images
- Personal attacks or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups
- Threats or defamatory statements
- Violent, hateful or racist language
- Advocacy for any illegal activity
- Off-topic posts, repetitive posts, spam
- Outdated, inaccurate or misleading information
- Promotion or opposition to political organizations, campaigns, candidates, or pending legislative action
- Personal information, including but not limited to addresses and telephone numbers
- Web links to any site other than the IARA website
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
We do not discriminate against any views but reserve the right to remove posts that violate the above policies or that are deemed inappropriate. The IARA social media team reserves the right to close comments at any time on any or all of its social media sites. Repeated violations of our comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from IARA social media accounts.
Report Violations to IARA
To advise the Indiana Archives and Records Administration staff of a user violation of the above policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-232-3380, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.