Closed Institutions & Student Records
The Indiana State Archives maintains academic transcripts for defunct institutions that were formerly regulated by the Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education (COPE). To request an academic transcript, please complete SF 48905 - Request and Authorization for Release of Student Records, and submit as required on the form.
Instructions for institutions not regulated by COPE
- Bible institutions and colleges: Please contact the institution, church, or diocese regarding institutional status and student records. Generally, these institutions are not regulated by the Board of Proprietary Education.
- Elementary and secondary schools (through grade 12): Please contact your local school corporation or the the Indiana Department of Education.
- GED transcripts: Please contact Diploma Sender. You may email questions concerning your GED transcript to support at diplomasender.com.
- Indiana private colleges and universities: Please contact the institution. A listing is available via the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
- Indiana public colleges and universities: Please contact the institution as all remain in operation. A listing is available via the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- Non-degree granting post-secondary schools: Please contact the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, Office for Career and Technical Schools.
- Professional licensing institutions: Please contact the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.