For those constituents that have inquired, here are the documents that were submitted to me by the area hospitals and United Way agencies that provide service to Medicaid recipients. These reports were submitted by me to the Medicaid Oversight Committee during the summer/fall of 2008.
The interim study committee is charged with studying legislation that could come before the General Assembly during session. The Medicaid Oversight Committee is specifically assigned with the following:
The Indiana General Assembly enacted legislation (IC 2-5-26) directing the Commission to do the following:
(1) Determine whether the contractor for the office under IC 12-15-30 that has responsibility for processing provider claims for payment under the Medicaid program has properly performed the terms of the contractor's contract with the state.
(2) Determine whether a managed care organization that has contracted with the office to provide Medicaid services has properly performed the terms of the managed care organization's contract with the state.
(3) Study and propose legislative and administrative procedures that could help reduce the amount of time needed to process Medicaid claims and eliminate reimbursement backlogs, delays, and errors.
(4) Oversee the implementation of a case mix reimbursement system developed by the office and designed for Indiana Medicaid certified nursing facilities.
(5) Study and investigate any other matter related to Medicaid.
(6) Study and investigate all matters related to the implementation of the children's health insurance program established by IC 12-17.6.
In addition, the Commission was charged by the Legislative Council (LCR 08-01) to determine whether a managed care organization that has contracted with the Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning to provide Medicaid services has properly performed the terms of the managed care organization's contract with the state (SEA 42-2008).
District 78 includes portion of Spencer, Warrick and Vanderburgh Counties, which lies in Region 2. The roll out in region 2 occurred in Spring of 2008.