Hard copies of all Council publications are available free of charge. Quantities may be limited depending on supply. To order contact the Council office at 317-232-7770 or email@example.com. Council publications are available in alternate formats on request People who wish to republish any portion of a Council newsletter or other publication, have permission to do so as long as appropriate credit is given.
- Spark was a bimonthly publication of the Council from 2010-2015. Each 16 page issue focused on a single topic providing more in depth coverage on important topics and links to resources.
- Learn how 10 Indiana communities are using 10 different concepts to become more accessible, sustainable and welcoming.
Livable Comes to Life web version PDF
- A Gateway to Inclusion: A progress report of the Council documenting our progress in advancing inclusion through the gateway of livability.
Public Policy, Research, and Policy Positions
- Public Policy Platform
This publication is an overview of the Council's stance on citizen participation, leadership, education, legal justice issues, employment, health care, long-term care, and transportation for people with disabilities.
- Establishing a Tradition of Commitment: Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services in Indiana
This study focuses most specifically on intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) activities during the 1999-2008 decade.
- Resource Guide: Indiana Statewide Disability Information Numbers
This two page guide provides a list and brief description for some of the most useful statewide organizations which answer disability and social service related questions and provide referrals.
- On-line and In Person Advocacy Training Programs and Other Resources
This guide provides information on how to access low or no cost state and national training programs on topics of interest to people with disabilities and families.
- The Power of Words: A Guide to Interacting with People with Disabilities
This brochure is designed to enhance understanding and communication in interactions with people with disabilities. It provides information on how words and phrases help to shape societies perceptions of people with disabilities and suggestions for everyday interaction.
- Responding to Disability: A Question of Attitude
This questionnaire is designed to stimulate thinking and dialogue. It is not intended to test knowledge of disability or attitudes toward people with disabilities. As people increasingly find themselves in situations involving people who are disabled they need to make quick decisions on how to respond. This questionnaire provides an opportunity to think about situations involving people with disabilities, to respond, and then to consider the various responses more carefully.
Legislation, Voting, and Civic Participation
- Your Vote is Your Voice: A Guide to Voting for Hoosiers with Disabilities - This 54 page booklet provides information on voting including key dates, access requirements for polling places and voting machines, how to check to make sure you are registered, how to find out who your candidates are and research their records, different ways to cast your ballot, voter identification requirements, helpful resource groups and more.
- The Legislative Process
This brochure provides basic and meaningful information on the legislative process so you, too, can initiate change.
- Forming a Community-based Advocacy Group
This booklet details the fundamentals to help you succeed in forming an active community advocacy group.
- Developing Public Transit in Your Community: Curriculum and Resource Guide
This guide is the result of the Indiana Governor’s Council ‘s Community Transportation Initiative (CTI) The purpose of CTI was to generate energy and creative ideas to promote an expanded transportation system in Indiana.