Bureau of Child Development Services (BCDS) - First Steps
About The Central Directory
The informational needs of families, providers and others are met through a variety of resources available through the statewide central directory of early intervention. The directory includes information on First Steps early intervention services.
The central directory is a resource that is fully accessible 24 hours a day, 7days a week, to the general public and to persons with disabilities in every geographic area of the state.
What Topics are Covered?
Through the central directory, families can find information or post a question or comment on a wide range of topics such as:
- Information about a variety of disabilities
- First Steps early intervention services
- Therapies including, physical, occupational and speech
- Conferences, workshops and training events throughout the state and around the world
- Assistive Technologies
- Information about health and legislative issues
- Care and treatment, including nursing services and respite care
- Parenting Information