114 N Jackson Ct
Industry - Trucking
Available Jobs(by Region) - Statewide
Are you ready to get your driving career rolling? Look no further than Averitt Express.
Averitt continues to grow with immediate openings in our Student Driver Training Program.
To qualify for this training program you must meet one of these requirements:
1) Graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 120 days OR 2) Have 1 up to 4 months of solo Tractor Trailer experience within the past 1 year OR 3) Have 18+ months of solo Tractor Trailer experience in the past 10 years (this option is not eligible for tuition reimbursement)
This exciting opportunity provides on-the-job training with an experienced Averitt driver trainer where you will enjoy running the open roads for up to 6 weeks where you will benefit from the knowledge of your own personal trainer and mentor. During this training, Averitt will pay you $600 per week, plus you'll enjoy all the benefits of being an Averitt Associate.
After successful completion of your training your pay scale will be:
(w/potential to earn an additional .01 cpm fuel bonus after training is complete) First 3 months- .33/mile At 3-6 months- .34/mile At 6-9 months- .35/mile (tuition reimbursement/bonus of $1,000 provided after 6 months) At 9-12 months- .36/mile At 12+ months- .425/mile *Pay increases assume driver maintains satisfactory safety record.
Check out all the benefits to becoming an Averitt Associate:
- Family BCBS Medical, Dental, Vision and prescription card benefits package ALL for as low as $47 weekly ($19 per week for unmarried individuals)
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plans
- Credit Union
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Programs available
- Uniform Program- Averitt will provide
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Fuel bonus= earn an additional .01 cpm if exceed baseline truck/ transmission MPG averages; paid quarterly (after training is complete)
- Assigned, modern, well-maintained equipment w/ 100% automatic transmissions
- 100+ Averitt locations to safely rest
- 90%+ no-touch freight
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Opportunities for local, dedicated and leadership positions - we promote from within!
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral Rewards Program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer; females and minorities are encouraged to apply!
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have graduated from approved truck driving school within the previous 120 days or have 1 up to 4 months solo Tractor Trailer experience within the past 1 year or have 18+ months solo Tractor Trailer experience in the past 10 years
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must apply for hazmat endorsement within 30 days of completing training (will reimburse upon receipt)
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 1 moving violation within the past 12 months
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
Candidates must be able to:
- Lift/Open Trailer Door
- Count Freight (when necessary)
- Complete Fuel Tickets
- Hook/Unhook Trailer
- Perform pre-trip Inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Load/Unload Freight (occasionally when required) - 80 lb lifting requirement
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- Fuel Trucks