THE INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (IDVA) IS A STATE AGENCY. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS DATA BASE OR VETERAN RECORDS
When sending any applications to IDVA for eligibility verification please include;
1. The veteran's DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty).
2. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Disability Award Letter with the disability percentage noted on the letter.
3. If applying for the Tuition and Fee Exemption for the Child of a disabled wartime veteran a copy of the student's Birth Certificate/Adoption papers. AND the above documents. Please Note: this will be the last semester IDVA will accept paper applications. Students can create an account in Scholar Track and complete the online application at https://scholartrack.che.in.gov. you must upload a coly of the student's birth certificate or adoption paperwork as proof of relationship to the veteran online applications that do not have one of these uploaded cannot be processed. IDVA will no longer accept paper applications for Tuition and Fee Exemption after NOVEMBER 1, 2017.
4. If applying for a Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plate please include the disability award letter that includes the break down of individual disabilities. (must be mobility disabilities as per IC 9-18.5-5-1).
5. If applying for Tuition and Fee Exemption for Purple Heart Recipients OR Purple Heart License Plates, send proof of award for the Purple Heart Medal. If noted on DD From 214 this is the only document needed.
***IDVA CANNOT VERIFY ELIGIBILITY WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATION***
Please DO NOT fax the instruction sheet(s) with your application. We only need the information page(s)
Below are the State Veteran Benefit Applications. Click on the individual links to open the form. Please fill in the form prior to printing.
TUITION AND FEE EXEMPTION FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS SITE BY NOVEMBER 1, 2017. STUDENTS WILL HAVE TO APPLY ON LINE THROUGH SCHOLAR TRACK.
Click HERE to create an account and apply now. We are accepting online applications at this time.
DON'T FORGET, AT A MINIMUM, YOU MUST UPLOAD A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR ADOPTION PAPERWORK AS EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE VETERAN! FOR FASTEST PROCESSING ALSO INCLUDE PROOF OF VA DISABILITY RATING AND ACTIVE DUTY DISCHARGE DD214.
If veteran documents are not availible, IDVA will request veteran information from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office, Indianapolis. Be advised this may take a week or more to obtain.
Once approved in Scholar Track the student does NOT need to reapply for this benefit again. Simply inform the staff at the financial aid office that your eligiblity can be accessed on the Scholar Track Web page. Students can also download award letters and track semester hour usage and update their account as needed.
The Student MUST complete a FAFSA annually while using this benefit.
TUITION AND FEE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS SITE NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 31, 2017. Begining November 1, 2017 we will only accept online applications through Scholar Track.
- Application forTuition and Fee Exemption for Child of a Disabled Veteran
- Application forTuition and Fee Exemption for Child of PHM Receipient
- Applicationfor Tuition and Fee Exemption for Purple Heart Recipient
- Application for Property Tax Deductions for Disabled Veterans - 51186
- Application for Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plate - 32584
- Application for Purple Heart/Ex-POW License Plate - 32584
- Application for Reduced Fee Indiana Hunting and Fishing License
- Indiana Veterans' Home
- Request and Consent form for Military Discharge Papers
Application for Delayed High School Diploma
- Application for County Burial Allowance
- Governors Memorial CertificatePlease send all Governor's Memorial Certificate requests to:Indiana Veterans' Memorial Cemetery
1415 North Gate Road
Madison, IN 47250
OR Fax to the cemetery at: 812-273-9221
- Burial Forms for the Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Application for Burial, Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Headstone Ordering Sheet
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Frequently Used Education Forms
- 22-1990 - Application for VA Education Benefits (8 pages)
- 22-1995 - Request For Change of Program or Place of Training (3 pages)
- 22-5490 - Application For Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (6 pages)
- 22-5495 - Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (2 pages)
- 22-1999e - Application for Family Member to Use Transferred
- APPLY ON-LINE at VONAPP
School/Employer Training Forms
These forms are only available to school officials with the exception of VAF 22-1999c which is for correspondence courses. The school must contact their VA Representative to receive forms in this series. A school official can obtain information at the VA Educational Website. Anyone can call toll free 1-888-442-4551 or visit the VA Education Home Page and get answers to their education questions.
Other Frequently Used U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Forms