Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Fresh cut flowers are permitted any time. Flowers will be removed for the mowing of the gravesite, and also when they become withered.
- IVMC will place flags on gravesites a week prior to Memorial Day, and will remove them a week after Memorial Day.
- Artificial flowers, potted plants in non-breakable containers, and floral wreaths are only permitted from November 1st to March 31st. Items shall be no greater than 18 inches in height.
- Florists and individuals will be required to remove any materials such as paper, cardboard, plastic, metal, glass, and etc., when placing flowers on gravesites.
- Safety hazards, trees or shrubs, any in-ground plantings, statues, vigil lights, shepherds' hooks, grave blankets, flag standards, glass or ceramic containers, curios, ornamentation, breakable objects, and anything attached to the grave markers will be removed.
- The cemetery staff is not responsible for the care or security of any items placed on a grave.
- The Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery reserves the right to remove any items from the gravesites