Where’s My Refund?
March 15, 2017
This year, approximately two-thirds of Indiana taxpayers are eligible to receive state tax refunds.
Filing taxes electronically and choosing to have your refund deposited directly into a checking or savings account is the fastest and safest method to receive your money. Processing a paper return could take up to 12 weeks.
To check the status of your refund:
- Go to https://secure.in.gov/apps/dor/tax/refund/ or
- Call the automated refund line at 317-233-4018.
You will need to provide your Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN ) used to file, the exact amount of the refund, and the tax year of the refund. Please allow for normal processing time before checking the status of a refund.
Many taxpayers are eligible to file both federal and state tax returns free of charge though INfreefile. If you have not filed your taxes yet, visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to see if you qualify. If qualified, simply click the vendor of your choice and complete your tax returns online.
For more tax season information, visit the Tax Video Library at www.in.gov/dor/4684.htm
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017