2016 Indiana Individual and Corporate Income Tax Forms Online
December 21, 2016
Soon after the holiday season, comes tax season! In preparation for this year’s tax season, the 2016 Indiana individual and corporate forms and instruction booklets are now available online.
Here are a couple of new things to look for as you prepare for the upcoming tax season:
- Form IT-40EZ is no longer available for Indiana filing purposes. Full-year residents must file using Form IT-40.
- School corporation codes are no longer requested.
- New Hospital Property Tax Credit (offset)
This credit is available to for-profit hospitals. It is 10% of the property taxes paid on certain property used as a hospital and is eligible for carryforward purposes.
- Elimination of “throwback” rule
IC 6-3-2-2(e) is amended regarding apportioning receipts to Indiana when goods are shipped to a state where the taxpayer is not subject to income tax. The amendment also provides that the sale of computer software is treated as the sale of tangible personal property for apportionment purposes.
Individual and Corporate
- The following deductions are no longer available:
- IND Insulation Deduction
- IND Law Enforcement Rewards Deduction
- IND Medical Care Savings Account Deduction (Indiana)
- IND Non-Indiana Locality Earnings Deduction
Note. The county tax calculation on Schedule CT-40 has changed as the non-Indiana locality earnings deduction is no longer required to be added back for county tax calculation purposes
- IND/COR Indiana Lottery Winnings Deduction (The Lottery Winnings Annuity Deduction for proceeds won before July 1, 2002, is still available.)
- IND/COR Solar-Powered Roof Vents or Fans Deduction
To prepare for the upcoming tax season, check out the forms on our website. Individual forms can be found at www.in.gov/dor/5506.htm, and corporate forms can be found at www.in.gov/dor/5507.htm.
If you have questions, you can speak to a bilingual representative by calling 317-232-2240 (press 2 for Spanish) from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can also visit the department’s Spanish website at www.impuestos.in.gov or you can submit questions via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017