File Your Taxes For Free!
February 3, 2016
Tax season officially has begun! While preparing your information to file your taxes, consider using Indiana freefile (INfreefile) to file your federal and state income taxes online for free.
Eligible taxpayers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $62,000 or less could qualify to file for free using INfreefile. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to file for free using the same vendor software taxpayers often pay to use.
Interested in learning more about the program? Follow these steps to get started!
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to compare vendors and see if you qualify for one of the vendor offers.
- If you qualify, click on the vendor of your choice.
- Complete your state and federal income tax returns online – for FREE.
It’s that simple! Electronic filing, like that available through INfreefile, offers many convenient benefits including:
- Faster refunds – Returns filed online are processed in 12 to 14 days, while a paper return could take up to about 12 weeks.
- More secure – Your personal information will be in the hands of fewer people.
- More accurate – Electronic returns have a 2 percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns.
Why are you waiting? Start your tax return today at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017