Last Call for Tax Amnesty 2015
November 12, 2015
Do you owe past-due taxes for a period ending prior to Jan. 1, 2013? If so, it’s not too late to take advantage of Tax Amnesty 2015, a limited-time opportunity for both individuals and business to pay past-due taxes free of penalty, interest and collection fees. Existing tax liabilities for all tax types managed by the department are eligible for Tax Amnesty 2015.
Don’t wait - time is running out! Tax Amnesty 2015 ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Monday, November 16, 2015.
To pay the full amount due or establish a payment plan:
- Visit www.taxamnesty.in.gov and click “Amnesty Pay”;
- Call the department toll-free at 1-844-TAXES-IN (1-844-829-3746);
- Visit one of the department’s 12 office locations; or
- Mail the coupon attached to your letter with the full amount due.
In return for the full payment of the base tax, the state will:
- Waive penalties, interest, and collection fees for eligible liabilities;
- Release tax liens that have been imposed on existing liabilities; and
- Not seek civil or criminal prosecution against any individual or entity.
Indiana’s first tax amnesty program was conducted in 2005. Taxpayers who participated in the 2005 amnesty program are not eligible to participate in Tax Amnesty 2015.
Tax Amnesty 2015 is authorized by the biennial budget in House Enrolled Act 1001, which was signed into law by Governor Mike Pence in May 2015.
Additional program details, including a full list of eligible tax types, can be found at www.taxamnesty.in.gov.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017