Income Tax Rates Change for a Few Indiana Counties
Oct. 7, 2015
Each time a county establishes a new county tax rate or adjusts an existing one, that information is reported to the department. This information is used to publish Departmental Notice #1, which lists the rates for all Indiana counties.
This notice recently has been updated with a few counties’ changes, which can affect individuals, businesses and tax professionals.
Blackford, Greene, Hendricks, Howard, Putnam, and Tipton counties have changed their county income tax rates, which became effective Oct. 1, 2015.
The rate changes are as follows:
- Blackford – The resident rate has increased from .0136 to .015. The nonresident rate has decreased from .0061 to .005.
- Greene – The resident rate has increased from .01 to .0125. The nonresident rate has increased from .0025 to .005.
- Hendricks – The resident rate has increased from .014 to .015. The nonresident rate is unchanged.
- Howard – The resident rate has increased from .016 to .0165. The nonresident rate has increased from .0055 to .005625.
- Putnam – The resident rate has increased from .015 to .0175. The nonresident rate is unchanged.
- Tipton – The resident rate has increased from .0158 to .0198. The nonresident rate is unchanged.
The rate increases in Greene County are the result of the county adopting a new county income tax.
Keep an eye on the department’s website for more changes to take effect on Jan. 1, 2016. But don’t worry – any rate changes effective Jan. 1, 2016, will not have any impact on the 2015 individual income tax filing.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017